Invader Zim Invader Zim

it's... awful? brilliant?

It's Invader Zim written, drawn and animated by a crack addled 6 year old. With colouring pencils and a tape recorder rammed full of totally random soundbites from Invader Zim.

I honestly can't decide if it's a brilliant piece of post-modern animation, or a complete load of shit.

Invader Zim: Girlfriend Invader Zim: Girlfriend

what...

the hell....

was that?

Emergency Message Emergency Message

Really good mate

The animation is as spot on as it could be from someone who didn't actually work on the show with all the pro equipment. The characterisation is great too.

The only criticism I have is that Zim's voice isn't quite right; he's a bit more exasperated than that, but to be honest Richard Steven Horvitz has such a distinctive tone I doubt ANYONE will ever nail it. Gir is spot on tho, great use of filters to get the tone just right.

big things mate, I see biiiiig things for you!

Working Stiffs Working Stiffs

Not a bad game but the controls kill it. Often they don't work properly and my little people get killed because they refuse to follow my cursor. Some great artwork though, maybe I'll give it another go in the future

Skincraft Skincraft

Great but one problem

I spent ages making a skin, then exported it.

Yet the file it exports to is NOT a PNG! Even Skincraft won't load it and my laptop can't even tell me what sort of file it is!

Other than that it's a fantastic editor, just a shame i cant actually use the skins i make...

Reincarnation: ATOE Reincarnation: ATOE

nice one

Brilliantly made as always. Only it was very easy and very, very short so I can't really give it full marks.

Aratic-Contempt of Courtship Aratic-Contempt of Courtship

punk yeh?

sounds like MCR. to me that's not punk at all. this is emo/rock. and no, i'm not stereotyping, it sounds like a MCr B-side and the lyrics whine about love and relationships... its emo. say whatever you want in response, i don't care, it's my opinion and i'm allowed to have it. not everyone is going to tell you it's amazing...

anyway, it's good for what it is. nice production and stuff. and you can sing. it's just NOT PUNK and it pisses me off when people call it punk because then leigons of impressionable teenagers think punk is about this bullshit. when it's not. anyway, whatever.

MadFLeX responds:

you're not the first and you won't be the last, it's cool.
for the record, i didn't stereotype you, i never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion (I agree with a lot of what you say), and just because it has a decent score doesn't mean i'm an arrogant asshole waiting for praise. how is it wrong for me to whine in a song and right for you to whine in a review? Man, get over the bitterness, it's a waste of time.

Sly Wayz Sly Wayz

sweet dude

best yet man SERIOUS. the bass is nice and round, a little clean for my tastes but still good. the effects are minimal but that works cos it puts emphasis on the bass. the beat is nice and crisp and simple. keep at it man, this is your best yet by far!

pyromantis x)

NEW - Smiles and Glances NEW - Smiles and Glances

bloody crap

good until the vocals came in. how many times does someone have to say THIS IS NOT PUNK before people take notice. punk is about not giving a fuck, and all this music whining about girls and romance and all that shit is the OPPOSITE OF THAT. i mean, this sounds like Busted. think up some new chord progressions and lyrics that don't involve girls, breakups, romance, crying, high school and being a dork and maybe people who like punk will like this.

Final-Round responds:

you're so right, glad there's a pop punk section. Also I just wanted to say i really appreciate your fair and unbiased review of our music.